After some technology changes in January 2023, some customers experienced this type of error while creating a Personalized Touring Plan from scratch:
This appears even though a plan name, park, and entrance were selected properly. This error is misleading, and we apologize for the problem. Thanks for your patience as we work through this technical challenge.
The error results from a cookie conflict. To get around this error, we recommend the following:
- First, try clicking the "start over" link near the top of the window, underneath the "New Touring Plan" text:
That may remove all the bad information from your browser and let you start with a fresh plan. If this works, it's a quick fix for you.
- Next, try logging out (https://touringplans.com/logout) and then back in (https://touringplans.com/login) to our website.
- If that does not work, clear the touringplans cookies in your web browser. Google has suggestions on how to do this here:
Then login to https://touringplans.com/login the site and try to use it as normal.
- Clear the cache and all cookies from your browser. Be warned that you will likely lose some "saved" functionality on other websites if you remove all your browser cookies. Google has information about how to do that here:
After removing your cookies, you need to login again to touringplans.com here:
You can then proceed with creating a new Personalized Touring Plan.
- If that does not work, using an "Incognito" or "Privacy" session in your browser should work. That's not a good long-term solution, but it should get you up-and-running immediately.
- Note that this problem only impacts the touring plan creation tool. You should be able to copy an existing plan and edit it without encountering this problem, so copying a Premium Touring Plan or one of your old plans (and using that as a base for your new plan) may be a viable workaround.
If you are still having problems, please use the "Submit a request" link at the top-right of this page to request further assistance. Please provide details about the information you are submitting and any errors that you see.