Simply put, the thread or post was removed because it was not consistent with one of the Lines Chat Rules/Guidelines. (Threads are also locked automatically when they reach a maximum number of replies. See the first question at the top of this page.)
In order to allow discussion to flow quickly, we do not require posts to be approved before they appear. Our expectation is that most customers will adhere to the rules, and that expectation is nearly always met.
Our moderation techniques are not perfect, and it is possible for rule-violating posts to get through on occasion. However, moderation is not executed preferentially or with malice, nor is it a reflection of a moderator's assessment of the poster's contributions to the community. Removal of a thread also does not mean that it was mean or offensive; please do not take moderation personally. Moderators are doing their best to enforce rules that make Lines Chat a welcoming and useful forum for sharing theme park knowledge.
Below are a few examples of posts/threads that have been subject to moderation in the past:
- Threads that get nasty. Unfortunately, offensive arguments can start from even innocent, on-topic questions.
- Generic greetings (often related to holidays, birthdays, etc.), celebratory messages, well wishes, etc.
- Advertisements. If you have a link to a website that answers someone's question, by all means share it. But note that Lines Chat is not a forum to solicit Facebook likes or increase your blog hit count.
- Requests for pixie dust, "positive thoughts," or anything other than theme park information.
- Conversations about television shows, sporting events, sales, etc.
- Posts that create a game where others guess a number, name all Disney movies, etc.
- Coupon codes or solicitations to use referral links.
This is not a list of every sort of thread subject to moderation, but it's pretty easy to follow the rules: discuss theme parks and be excellent to each other.
There are Lines Chat Guidelines to which every Lines Chat participant must agree.