The problem is that much of our room accessibility information comes from Disney themselves and the speed that we get that information and how complete it is can vary greatly. In the meantime, what I would suggest is requesting a room that is in a location that you like and adding a comment asking to be placed in the nearest accessible room to the requested one. To do that, once you pick your requested room, go back to your dashboard (the page that pops up when you navigate to TouringPlans.com while signed in) and click the button in the center that says "Configure Fax." Within that window you will see a space for a note.
Articles in this section
- Is there a way to search by connecting rooms?
- Handicap room requests
- Do you have the Room Request feature available for Disneyland?
- How do I find a specific room?
- We are staying in two hotels. How do I request rooms for both hotels?
- Touring Plan picks
- Removing Room Requests
- Where can I send my hotel room or hotel view photos?
- Should I use Disney's Online Resort Check-In if I requested a room?